Showbox is a popular online video streaming tool developed for the Android operating system. Showbox offers unlimited TV Shows and movies free online and you can download them as well. However, the app is not available on Play Store but you can download the latest version from external sources. But here is something that you haven’t thought of, you can use Showbox app on your PC and enjoy your favorite shows on a much bigger screen. Showbox for PC offers similar functionalities to that of the mobile application. You can access TV Shows and Movies content all in one fitting place for your viewing satisfaction. The app provides all the content free of cost and only requires high-speed internet for hassle-free viewing.
Showbox for PC offers:
It provides a huge range of content and genres that is easily sorted and conveniently searched in the top navigation. You can bookmark your favorite content and shows by adding them to your in-app library. Your bookmarked content will be featured on the library menu for quick reference.
You can sort the content on the basis of;
- Year released
- Date added
- IMDB rating
Downloading and Installing Showbox for PC:
The app is only available for the Android devices, but there are certain clever ways using which you can enjoy your favorite shows and movies on your PC. You can install and run the Showbox apk on your Windows PC by following the given steps.
This guide we are providing requires the following PC requirements to download and play Showbox;
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
- Minimum of 2GB Hard Disk space
- Updated video and audio drivers
We have divided this installation guide into two different phases. We will discuss both the phases in detail.
Phase 1 – Download and Install Android Emulator
During the first phase, you will be required to download and install Android emulator on your PC. Android emulator converts your Windows-based PC to work like an Android device. There are several Android emulators like ARC Welder, BlueStacks, Nox, etc. But in this guide, we will be using ARC Welder because it is compatible with Google Chrome. However, you are free to any of the emulators.
Downloading and Installing Showbox for PC using ARC Welder:
- Launch Google Chrome and download ARC Welder
- You will see an option called – Add to Chrome on the top right side. Click it and it will start checking the system requirements
- Now you will see an Add App option, click on it
- Then open a new tab > click on Google Apps on the top left corner
- It will show you the list of Google Apps. Locate and select ARC Welder
- Now you will be directed to welcome page of ARC Welder. Select the ‘Choose’ option from the window
- From the system drives, browse and select the location to save the file
- Lastly, the ‘Add your APK’ option will appear. Wait until you download Showbox
Phase 2 – Download and Install Showbox App
In the second phase, you are required to download the Showbox Apk file. Make sure you download the latest version of the app in order to avoid the Showbox not working/updating issues and problems.
- Wait for the download to complete and then click the ‘Add your APK’ option to test your application
- You will now see ‘Showbox’ appear in the ARC Welder app. You can go to the menu and change the settings as per your convenience. Under the Form Factor category, select ‘Fullscreeen’ and hit ‘Test’ at the bottom of the tab
- It can take a minute or two, but once the test is completed, you will see Showbox appear on your computer screen
Showbox for PC – ‘WebGL is not Supported’ Error
There is a chance of you encountering the ‘WebGL is not supported’ error while the app is still loading. This situation may arise due to some disabled settings. You have to enable them in order to achieve smooth functioning of Showbox. Follow the given instructions resolve this error.
- Launch Google Chrome and in the address bar, type “chrome://settings.” It will take you to the Settings
- Locate “Show Advanced Settings” from the Settings page. You will find it at the bottom of the page
- Now scroll down until you find System category. Under this category, you have to enable ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’
- Now open a new tab and type “chrome://flags” in the address bar
- Now locate WebGL from the list and enable it to “Hardware accelerated.”
- Finally, close all tabs and restart your system.
Most of the users get confused whether to use BlueStacks or ARC Welder. There is a big difference between these two Android emulators. And to be honest, BlueStacks is the better choice as it comes with latest features and regular updates. However, if you are using Chrome, then we recommend you use ARC Welder as it is compatible with it. And if you are using any other browser, you can BlueStacks instead of other emulators.